[3830] NCCC Sprint K8CN LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K8CN@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K8CN LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2020 03:12:38 +0000
                    NCCC Sprint - Jul 3

Call: K8CN
Operator(s): K8CN
Station: K8CN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

  160:   1      1
   80:   2      2
   40:  11      7
   20:  12     11
   15:   2      2
   10:
-------------------
Total:  28     23  Total Score = 644

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

May have worked a few of you on FD as K1R - I ran 40 CW from home using the
K2/KPA100 at 95 watts, and had fun.  Had some more RF gremlins getting into the
logging computer at QRO again last weekend, and finally ran some bonding wires
between the K2, KPA100/KAT100 and the logging computer.  Preliminary testing
seemed to indicate the RFI was tamed, but tonight proved otherwise.  Worked just
a couple on 15 at the start, then keyboard USB port locked up and wouldn't allow
key input.  Similar problem on 80 meters, so I spent time ducking under the
shack table to unplug and re-plug the USB connectors!  Still have a lot to learn
about running at the 100 watt level.

Apologies to N6TVN for busting our Q on 20 meters, but got the 40 meter Q
logged. Thanks to N3QE for 3-bagger tonight.  80 meters was strangely quiet here
tonight, including NS signals?  Neighbor W1FJ gave me my first 160 meter Q in a
long time. Great to hear Ty, NO3M back in the fray again!

Many thanks for the Qs, and 73, MikeNH