[3830] ARRL FD W0CO 1B LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w0co@pcrs.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD W0CO 1B LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2020 13:33:58 +0000

  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  1588   162    1750  Total Score = 7,726

Club:

Comments:

Total Score includes QSO points plus 1050 bonus points.

The Go Big or Stay Home Field Day group took the year off.  Myself (W0CO) and
Mike Well (W0FD) decided to attempt a 1B two operator entry this year.  We
modified the tower on our communications trailer to support a 58' mast and this
year it raised successfully as compared to the complete failure last year!  This
was essential for a two person setup to our station.

Propagation was good.  Very nice and long openings on 15m and 10m with 20m being
the work horse band for us.  80m and 40m were dominated by static from the
numerous electrical storms to our east and affected the QSO totals.  We were not
forced to shutdown due to weather this year and all the antennas survived the
high winds.

Enjoyed working all the 1D stations, they definitely helped our score and added
to the overall activity.

Antennas were collinear dipoles, tribander yagi and 40m EDZ.  Power system for
the station is 100% solar with battery storage; no engine generators were used.

73 until next year and thank you to everyone participating.
It was a fun weekend.

Brad W0CO