[3830] CWopsT K9ZO HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT K9ZO HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2020 14:19:33 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z Jul 8

Call: K9ZO
Operator(s): K9ZO
Station: K9ZO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Illinois
Operating Time (hrs): 1

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  177
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  177  Mults = 177  Total Score = 31,329

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

For a change I started on 40 with the intention of going to 20 to keep the rate
up.  The band was noisy and missed some dits due to QRN and needed repeats.  At
1315Z had 50 QSOs, but missed lots of calls on the first try.  At 1325Z it
slowed down and perhaps that was the time to go to 20. Then it piced up and I
reached 100 QSOs at 1332.  Rate was slower, but people called in one at at time.
 Had 138 at 1345Z.  Started S&P at 1348Z but there were not too many left.
Perhaps should have gone to 20 an preserved the rate, but the score was OK since
I was 40 only.

This past week I moved all the coax from the shack window to the entrance panel
in the garage.  I started this two years ago, but had to pause due to cancer.  I
can tell that I am getting weaker and the side effects are more noticeable.  But
I still want to set up for SO2R.  I should add a new computer for next week
since it is hard to decode FT8 when the band is busy, and the current machine
chugs along when trying to decode RTTY. It's hot summer now, in the 90s, but I
have inside work.