[3830] IARU N1RM SOAB(A)Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n1rm@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] IARU N1RM SOAB(A)Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2020 08:13:20 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2020

Call: N1RM
Operator(s): N1RM
Station: N1RM

Class: SOAB(A)Mixed HP
QTH: FM19ia
Operating Time (hrs): 20

  160:
   80:   41      6     10       14
   40:  320     53     26       34
   20:  334    153     31       36
   15:   72     16     11       20
   10:   11      0      5        5
-------------------------------------
Total:  778    228     83      109  Total Score = 627,840

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

This contest was the christening of my beam and tower, and it did not
disappoint.  My goal was 500 Qs and 500K pts, and I beat both.  There is lots
more to keep track of now that I have a directional antenna. It's like I can
invent a new band without changing frequencies by pointing the antenna to a
different part of the world. That was fun! It was especially useful when all the
bands went flat in the late afternoon. It felt like I was manufacturing QSOs. I
also got used to the 180 mode of the SteppIR very quickly to speed up covering
the compass points. Did lots of S&P but the runs were pretty productive. I'm
not a speed demon yet, but I did ok. I still have a few things to automate and
this will help me set my priorities.  Thanks for all the Qs and apologies to
anyone who had to put up with my 27 wpm run frequencies.