[3830] IARU ON3DI SOAB(A)CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, on3di@outlook.be
Subject: [3830] IARU ON3DI SOAB(A)CW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2020 15:47:11 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2020

Call: ON3DI
Operator(s): ON3DI
Station: ON3DI

Class: SOAB(A)CW LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 19:30

  160:
   80:   85             6       22
   40:  229            11       27
   20:  246            15       27
   15:  123             9       17
   10:   37             5       10
-------------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Hi

Don't be shocked, it is correct, I wasn't QRP ;-)! Last year I have done this
contest all band qrp and it was obvious that I couldn't win this contest qrp
style, so I decided to contest with my max power, just 25w. The goal was to have
fun, no desire to win.

I started my contest on 10m and 15m, 15m surprised me, worked soon my first DX
in years on that band, worked some VE and K. Think it will be more than 5 years
ago that I had more then 100 qso's on that band. It's obvious, last years I
focused on 80m and 40m and did only 4 contests in a year. 10m was ok, last year
12 qso's, now 37... Am so looking forward that this band will open again!
20m was ok, not in the shape as during the wpx cw, thought I would work more
USA, maybe I wasn't qrv during the keymoments.
40m and 80m were so noisy, hard to copy some stations, the noiselevel was the
reason why I didn't an all nighter... Workd UN and UA9 with my dipole on 80m,
happy about that! Anyway the activity on 80m is much less then during a cq
ww...
Had some runs on 40m, always nice when K and VE came back to your CQ. The
problem was that I wasn't active when the band was open to USA. The men with the
hammer came... Was calling CQ on 80m, three stations were coming back, but was
so tired, went QRT...
The sundayshift was ok but nothing more.

fun with the amount, but my station is obvious to small... You have some QRP
stations who have an average of 80 during the whole contest.
2. 70 qso's were DX and that is less then I hoped for! Last year it was around
60, so the 20w more didn't made a big difference. But I wasn't qrv during the
best period on 40m ('my band').
3. Think my amount of qso's is decent, the amount of zones is poor, compared to
other stations.
4. The ast hour I did some test with my vertical, trying to improve something!
5. 720 qso's in a day, only did better during cq ww cw in 2016, had then 750
qso's. That was with 50w, it became a goal to beat it, but soon I realised I
wouldn't break it. Maybe a goal for next year!
6. No really special QSO, tried to work Mali on 15m, he wasn't in the contest,
but he couldn't copy me...
7. Have to keep practising cw, it isn't still perfect!

Happy to do it again next year!
Next contest will be cw ww rtty, persume I will be SO 20m QRP.

Setup:
dipole 80m, vertical for 40-20-15-10m, 25w, ft897.

73

Pieter ON3DI