[3830] IARU AD5A SOABCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IARU AD5A SOABCW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2020 17:15:32 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2020

Call: AD5A
Operator(s): AD5A
Station: AD5A

Class: SOABCW LP
QTH: STX
Operating Time (hrs): 23

  160:     6    0       2       1
   80:    62    0       9       3
   40:   495    0      22      28
   20:   670    0      28      21
   15:   159    0      13      14
   10:    11    0       4       0
-------------------------------------
Total:  1403    0      78      67  Total Score = 722,535

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Low power is hard work. I was forced to mainly search and pounce through much of
the daytime hours. I couldn't hold a frequency for very long nor was my signal
strong enough to win jump balls. However, after dark, things improved immensely.
I almost had as many QSO's during the second half of the contest as the first
half, (721/682) which is different, at least for me. My station has a lot of
cool hardware, so the < 100 watts  get treated really well. (If interested
you can see the towers and antennas on my QRZ page, it's the second picture
down) Nice openings over the pole on 20m Saturday night to Asia that helped the
QSO total a lot. I had a mini run on 15m from JA. I think I worked 6 JA stations
in 3 minutes, got real excited, then it was over, but reminiscent of the past
and hopefully a glimpse into the new cycle. Also some decent conditions on 15m
to EU. Also a bit surprised to work several JA's on 80m, surprised because of
the 100 watts, but noise is always a low band problem here in Texas. It was a
nice way to end the contest. All of this said, I'll probably return to HP next
year:-) 73 and stay safe....Thanks for the QSO's.