[3830] IARU N7AP(@N7RQ) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bobk8ia@aol.com
Subject: [3830] IARU N7AP(@N7RQ) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2020 17:41:46 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2020

Call: N7AP
Operator(s): K8IA N7RQ
Station: N7RQ

Class: M/S HP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 22

  160:    24     0      6       1
   80:     0     0      0       0
   40:   552    90     33      38
   20:   605   368     35      34
   15:   148     8     21      13
   10:    14     0      6       3
-------------------------------------
Total:  1343   466    101      89  Total Score = 1,082,810

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Our now and then operation using the N7AP callsign xyl Sandy N7RQ holds for the
"Butt Nekked Contest Club", a small group we formed a few years before
AOCC began in 2009. The BNCC motto is "Keep it in the chair". Check
out the N7AP QSL card or QRZ and you will know what I mean. ;-)

Anyhow, what do two old folks that are on Day 120 of STAYHOME do on a contest
weekend. We contest, what else?

Ours was a casual effort and all from the N7RQ side of the N7AT M/2 mini-station
here. We shared her radio/amp with no particular mission in mind. Having only
one amp going keeps the shack heat lower too. It was 115F outside yesterday and
even our modern Trane heat pump was running most of the time trying to keep
things good inside.

Since there is no club competition, there is no real reason for us to take this
contest seriously. Plus, our 80m vertical was taken down for the summer a few
weeks ago.

All in all it was a good time. We struggled with lack of Eu openings until all
hell broke loose on Saturday afternoon on 20m. That opening was awesome and
lasted well into the night and included central Asia and a late JA/BY etc
opening too. That may have made up for the lack of 80m, who knows. 40m was
plagued by S6 storm QRN, but that subsided after midnight. 40 was productive, as
usual.

That pretty much ends serious summer 2020 contesting here. With the high winds
and regular lightning storms of the Arizona monsoon season,each evening is an
adventure thru mid-Sept. The next planned major contest here will be CQWW RTTY
in late September. Hope to see you all then and hope we all have a better handle
on COVID-19.

73, Bob K8IA
Arizona Outlaws Contest Club