[3830] IARU K9GX SOABMixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IARU K9GX SOABMixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2020 19:51:41 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2020

Call: K9GX
Operator(s): K9GX
Station: K9GX

Class: SOABMixed LP
QTH: 8
Operating Time (hrs): 7:13

  160:    2             2
   80:    0      0
   40:   18      9      6       6
   20:   19     64     10      20
   15:   13     12     10       7
   10:           1              1
-------------------------------------
Total:   52     86     28      34  Total Score = 19,964

Club:

Comments:

K9GX IARU HF CHAMPIONSHIP-2020

Lowlights:

Lousy propagation at start of contest, marginal into Caribbean and SA

Operating LP...bad tube in amp....time for new amp

Severe wx and thunderstorms in area from 0100 -- 0800 UT Sunday. Only operated
about 7 hours

Many stations operating at or near same frequency....spread out!!!! listen!!!!
..both CW and SSB, especially 20 and 40 meters

Overly processed audio...several EU and domestic stations. You're not any
LOUDER, just distored and damn near unreadable

Ops running not giving callsign every 2 or 3 QSOs, or using
phonetics...including some HQ stations

"Please copy".....

Ops who didn't know their ITU zone

Highlights:

Propagation improved around 18 UT Saturday!

Worked ONE 10 M SSB QSO....op at OL0HQ was VERY patient

Worked ZM1A in zone 40 on 40...only Pacific Q and LZ70IPA, International Police
Association club station!

The station performed well in spite of prop conditions and LP...if I could hear
'em I worked most of them

Had mediocre run on 20 M around 20 UT,  mostly stateside & some EU

20 M QSO with some guy called Dipolio who was complaining about gonadinal
distress and dysfunction. Fortunately I had my Lysol sanitizing wipes handy and
wiped down my boomset immediately after the QSO