[3830] IARU KU8E SOABCW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IARU KU8E SOABCW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2020 20:32:50 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2020

Call: KU8E
Operator(s): KU8E
Station: KU8E

Class: SOABCW HP
QTH: Georgia
Operating Time (hrs): 14

  160:     1
   80:   130
   40:   263
   20:   488
   15:   108
   10:    27
-------------------------------------
Total:  1020    0      68      65  Total Score = 342,076

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

K3/100, Acom 1000 and dipoles

I don't tend to be very serious in DX contests since I don't have a station at
home that can be competitive. Just a PT effort from here. The main reason for
being around the shack was to provide technical assistance for the remote
station software to John, K4BAI, who operated the PJ4NG / BeLoud.us station in
Bonaire remotely as PJ4A from my house.

This is the 3rd time he's had the chance to do this remote stuff but he's still
not that comfortable with the technology as much as I am. That's understandable
since I worked in the computer technology field before I retired. Everything
seemed to work OK except for some internet drops (either at my house or Bonaire)
that caused us to lose communication to the station. No hardware issues at all.
John purchased a Flex Control VFO knob to use with the Flex 6500 since his last
remote effort and that helped a great deal tuning the VFO and RIT.

Due the COVID-19 I'm pretty sure we won't be able to take our yearly trip to
PJ4A for CQWW DX CW in November. Bonaire is still shutdown for American citizens
for the foreseeable future and I don't see that changing by November. We thought
about doing M/S via the remote for CQWW but with only one radio I don't think we
would be very competitive. So I think the next PJ4A remote effort by John with
be just a single-band operation.

Jeff KU8E