[3830] IARU OM7RU SOABCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IARU OM7RU SOABCW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2020 21:02:41 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2020

Call: OM7RU
Operator(s): OM7RU
Station: OM7RU

Class: SOABCW LP
QTH: JN98OQ
Operating Time (hrs): 21
Radios: SO2R

  160:    52            5       21
   80:   162            9       25
   40:   278           14       29
   20:   418           27       33
   15:   138           13       23
   10:    58            8       15
-------------------------------------
Total:  1106    0      76      146  Total Score = 714,618

Club: OM0M DOZEN DASHES CONTEST CLUB

Comments:

This time I decided to run Low Power after long long years of HP only.

I have troubles with PAs, so I didn't want to sprint with repairs just before
the contest. Good reason to test my ANT setup performance with Low Power only.
And I was surprised. I had no any serious problem to make QSOs, except few STNs.
I was mostly able to do what I heard. Sometimes lost my freqency, I was loser in
advance, because of LP, hi.

The second trouble was interuptions due to strong storms on Saturday evening.
There were a few with nice lightnings series, but too dangerous to stay
connected to outside cables. Lost cca 1,5 hours in total.
And just during sunny Sunday morning: another almost 1,5 hours due to high
voltage line fault...

Low bands in good, but nevertheless summer shape. No special DX on 160m and 80m.
But 40m with nice opened to NA during the whole night. 20m with no real NA
opening. 15m and 10m are starting to look as alive again.

Thanks to all, who took part.

Used equipments:
 Yaesu FT-1000MP MarkV Field
 Icom IC-706 MkII
 microHAM MK2R+
 2x microHAM Station Master
 2x OM Power OM6BPF
 DXLog

Antennas:
 160m: Vertical (35m tower + 2 elevated radials)
 80m:  OptiBeam OB1-80 rotary dipole @34m
 AD-3446 multibander @31m:
   40m:  3 elements
   20m:  4 elements