[3830] IARU NT6Q(N5ZO) SOAB(A)CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, marko.n5zo@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] IARU NT6Q(N5ZO) SOAB(A)CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2020 00:04:59 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2020

Call: NT6Q
Operator(s): N5ZO
Station: N5ZO

Class: SOAB(A)CW HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

  160:    36            8       1
   80:   125           16       7
   40:   632           33      37
   20:   953           38      38
   15:   197           20      15
   10:     4            2       0
-------------------------------------
Total:  1947    0     117      98  Total Score = 1,330,205

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

I was thinking to do low power 1st to keep heat down in shack, as it was very
hot weekend.  But high power is much more fun from my modest station, so I
reconnected wiring of 2 Alpha 87A amplifiers in other room which were already on
table there (in other room to keep shack cooler) and decided to operate same
category as in last 3 years in this contest.  I had some new interstation hash
due to last minute changes in some cabling with amps, especially between
80-40-20 and some antenna directions, so it was limiting somewhat capability to
call CQ on 2 bands.  But maybe it worked for me as it made me chase more mults
on 2nd radio.  I was surprised how I was able to bust pileups of many EU HQ
mults especially on 40 m well before sunset (from West coast) even when I did
not hear them very well.  But there was still many more mults left on the
table...  Scoreboard was fun again and tried to keep pace with N5RZ throughout
the contest.  Around middle of the contest Gator was able to open sizeable 200+
QSO lead, which I was able to claw back down to 140 Qs while adding more mults
to my totals.  Our scores are just about 1 % apart and log checking will have to
sort that one out.  I'm sure we had some different propagation between our QTHs
in TX and CA but nevertherless scoreboard can add more fun into operating these
contests and it definetly pushed me to better score.  Conditions were quite good
but very noisy.  My score is very close with my score from 2 yeas ago, and
station configuration has not changed too much since then.  Tnx for good one and
see you next time de Marko N5ZO