[3830] IARU WN4AFP SOABCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IARU WN4AFP SOABCW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2020 03:06:11 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2020

Call: WN4AFP
Operator(s): WN4AFP
Station: WN4AFP

Class: SOABCW LP
QTH: SC
Operating Time (hrs): 14

  160:    1                     1
   80:   67             9       3
   40:  178            16      20
   20:  196            21      22
   15:   41            10       6
   10:
-------------------------------------

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Comments:

Have you ever turned on your rig, turned around the bands and didn't hear
anyone? Not even the someone running in the FT8 part of the bands. That's was I
was experiencing on Friday night when I was getting the station ready for action
on Saturday morning. I checkout everything I could in the shack, so after going
out in the dark too many times, I decided that I would check out my antenna
first thing in the morning. I went out at 11:15z and noticed that my coax was
hanging pretty limp...yes, it had been cut. How could this happen? Then i
remembered shaping up a few small trees with my hedge clippers...Yes, I was the
guilty party. Don't use the clippers after sunset. I did a band-aid splice and
then I was hearing stations for all over the place.

I had fun playing in this contest. I operated as time permitted, so I chose to
run CW only, so that I could run in stealth mode during the overnight shift. 20M
was great during the entire contest. 40m was super Saturday night. I was working
anyone I heard and the sigs from EU were very strong into SC. I ran more than
normal in this contest with around 60+ rates. I was even running a few times at
38-40 wpm speeds... I love flying in a contest. Thanks to all of you QRQ guys!

I enjoyed watching the online contest scoreboard as I was trying to catch up
with my friend AB1J. Enjoyed working fellow Swamp Fox members and many cwops
members too.

I'll improve my score in 2021! One day I'll be up in the top tier with N4XL!

73s Dave WN4AFP

IC-751 - 80M OCF dipole at 55\'
Are you a contester located in South Carolina? If so, visit the Swamp Fox
Contest Group website at http://swampfoxcontestgroup.com