[3830] IARU KE3X SOAB(A)Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kenke3X@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] IARU KE3X SOAB(A)Mixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2020 20:44:40 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2020

Call: KE3X
Operator(s): KE3X
Station: KE3X

Class: SOAB(A)Mixed LP
QTH: DC
Operating Time (hrs): 21
Radios: SO2R

  160:     6     0      3       2
   80:   126     0     14      15
   40:   400    14     25      32
   20:   422    50     31      34
   15:   103     0     13      13
   10:     9     0      4       1
-------------------------------------
Total:  1066    64     90      97  Total Score = 581,944

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

This was 100% clicking spots - which upon reflection is a very enjoyable way to
spend 24-hours, since I recognize many of the calls and can visualize and
mentally reconnect with who is on the other end.  The global shutdown has made
me appreciate how many of my best friends are contesters.

Best rate was a 79-hour on 20-meters from 2200-2300 UTC.   The QRN briefly
subsided, the band opened up nicely, and most of the Europeans could copy me on
the first call.  That was good fun.

High noise levels here in the city continue to be an issue, but the new K9AY
loop to NE/SW helped on 80 and 160 - thanks to N3QE for helping with that
antenna in recent months.   I think my home station is nearing its limit on
improvements.  One possible project is a fixed 2-element wire Moxon for some
gain to EU on 40-meters but that will have to wait until it gets cooler.

Congrats to the big scores this weekend, including NN1C who continues to raise
the bar in SOLP Assisted - nice job Marty!   Great to see the 'yout's dominate.
 (My favorite line from My Cousin Vinny)

Speaking of yout's, my 14-year old son Connor is taking his Technician exam on
Saturday.  It took us a while to find a VEC session not closed for COVID-19.
His three older brothers all humored their Dad and got their General class
licenses, but none showed much interest in contesting.  Maybe 4th time will be
the charm?

73,

Ken