[3830] IARU DL1IAO(@DL0WW) SOABMixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dl1iao@dl1iao.com
Subject: [3830] IARU DL1IAO(@DL0WW) SOABMixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2020 12:27:21 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2020

Call: DL1IAO
Operator(s): DL1IAO
Station: DL0WW

Class: SOABMixed HP
QTH: JN49FO
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

  160:    32     8      5       21
   80:   160    37     13       34
   40:   648    33     25       35
   20:   990   173     38       42
   15:   562    64     24       40
   10:   190    31     15       32
-------------------------------------
Total:  2582   346    120      204  Total Score = 3,143,448

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

Many thanks to the DL0WW radio club for the opportunity to do this contest!

I thoroughly prepared my SO2R setup on my desk at home but some things are
difficult to test without real antennas. I ran into interstation interference on
some band combos which reduced my SO2R ability and I had problems with distorted
transmit audio. Station setup and trouble shooting continued into the whee
hours. But I kept going and enjoyed the great CONDX and CW activity. I even
tried some 2BISQ but, like DJ5MW, found that traditional SO2R often worked
better for me as an ordinary DL.

I tried to keep up with DJ5MW on the scoreboard but no way this time. The
difference was on SSB where I never was able to get a good run going. Great job,
OM!

73,

Stefan DL1IAO