[3830] IARU KU2M SOABCW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IARU KU2M SOABCW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2020 15:41:22 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2020

Call: KU2M
Operator(s): KU2M
Station: KU2M

Class: SOABCW HP
QTH: Wayne, NJ
Operating Time (hrs): 14

  160:     6            2       2
   80:    69            6      13
   40:   296           18      27
   20:   688           24      31
   15:   174           12      19
   10:
-------------------------------------
Total:  1233    0      62      92  Total Score = 627,242

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

I was going to do Mixed category but laziness took over. CW is so much easier,
and it's much easier napping while sending CW than while speaking, although my
XYL will tell you that as far as she's concerned, I'm asleep when I'm talking,
too.

Pretty sure this is the most time I ever spent in an IARU contest, and who
knows? Maybe next year I will try a more serious effort. You know, maybe 15
hours. Depends what's on TV.

Unfortunately, when I checked, 10 meters wasn't only merely dead, it was really
most sincerely dead - not even a local for a lousy zone 8 mult could be found.
Guess my timing was off - or maybe I was asleep when I checked? Can't remember.

But I was very pleasantly surprised to discover that 15 meters was open to
Europe. And no, I wasn't dreaming - this was the first contest in years that I
actually could do some EU running up there - and a shame that more people
weren't on the band. Signals weren't huge, but there was DX propagation to other
than the usual North-South path - the best, overall, that I've heard on 15 in
quite some time. And that's good news for this sunspot watcher!