[3830] CQWW VHF AC0RA/R Rover HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, Wyattdirks@msn.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF AC0RA/R Rover HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2020 15:11:08 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest - 2020

Call: AC0RA/R
Operator(s): AC0RA
Station: AC0RA/R

Class: Rover HP
QTH: IL/IA
Operating Time (hrs): 18
Radios: SO2R

    6:  395   296
    2:  229   173
-------------------
Total:  624   469  Total Score = 400,097

Club:

Comments:

What a fun contest despite the lack of good 6m es.  I think after a few years I
finally got the 6m and 2m rover setup how I really want it for this contest.
Using 6m5xhp at 25ft and 2m7 just above that with kw on easy band.  Then I have
7300 and 9700 for radio each with there own laptop.  This year I finally got a
working so2r box which unfortunately didn't get a ton of use since ssb was
mostly not happening.

My basic strategy was to just steadily work what ever I could the entire
contest.  And since 6m never really opened that's about how it went.  I
operated from each of the 8 grids for 2 hours except En60 and en31 each got 3
hours. So slow and steady with average of 35 qs an hour is how I got to my
totals.

Below is the breakdown of qs/mults per grid plus the totals and other random
data.

Em69
6m-50/41
2m-32/23

Em59
6m-44/32
2m-31/24

En50
6m-41/32
2m-34/26

En60
6m-58/41
2m-48/34

En31
6m-55/43
2m-21/16

En32
6m-54/42
2m-21/17

En42
6m-45/34
2m-24/19

En41
6m-48/31
2m-18/14

Total
6m qsos-395
2m qsos-229(x2 for points= 458)
Qso points-853
6m mults-296
2m mults-173
Total mults-469

Grand total score- 400,097

Other data points
Arrl scoring-114,192
Unique 6m grids-131
Unuque 2m grids- 52

6m ssb qs-54
6m digi qs-341
2m ssb qs-38
2m digi qs-191

Had a really fun time in this contest again this year but hopefully next year we
can get some usable 6m eskip for high rate ssb runs.  And for all the Ft8
haters who think that doesn't happen please think again.  Looks at my June
contest results from Kg5cci multi op where I almost logged 1000 6m ssb qsos.
The band conditions have to be there or ssb runs just won't happen.  And 98% of
people on 6m don't have good enough stations to work 400 or 500 miles on ssb
tropo so Ft8 is much better for that.

73 Wyatt
Ac0ra/r