[3830] CQWW VHF VE3SMA SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3sma@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF VE3SMA SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2020 21:25:47 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest - 2020

Call: VE3SMA
Operator(s): VE3SMA
Station: VE3SMA

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Burlington, ON
Operating Time (hrs):

    6:  85     53
    2:  11      7
-------------------
Total:  96     60  Total Score = 6,420

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Spent most of my time on 6 m FT8 as I didn't find a lot of activity elsewhere
and conditions were good enough to be interesting but not good enough to get
many people to try SSB, CW or FT4.  It's certainly good to hear so many new
calls on 6, and most of them had NA Contest Mode figured out, this time around.
It seems that FT8 makes double hop sporadic E QSOs a much more practical thing
for a modest station like mine.  But so many QSOs were lost to QSB that could
have been finished quickly on any of the other modes!

73,
Steve VE3SMA