[3830] IOTA AA5JF/4 SO(A)12CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IOTA AA5JF/4 SO(A)12CW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2020 21:46:40 +0000
                    IOTA Contest - 2020

Call: AA5JF/4
Operator(s): AA5JF
Station: AA5JF/4

Class: SO(A)12CW LP
QTH: NA-058
Operating Time (hrs): 12

   80:   13       5
   40:  117      18
   20:   78       6
   15:
   10:
Total:  208      29       0        0  Total Score = 41,470

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

My first IOTA activation, from NA-058, Jekyll Island, GA. We had an excellent
location with oceanside condo with unobstructed path to Europe. Conditions were
very difficult on 20M though, with only limited openings to Europe, and when we
discovered that exciting the wire antennas knocked out the satellite TV in our
units (and the adjacent ones), that left me with a basic antenna that was OK for
NA, but not sufficient for Europe. 40M was a pleasant surprise, and I had a good
(if short) run about an hour after sunset, with solid propagation to most of
Europe.

I learned from this experience, and will be more prepared next time.

Thanks for all the QSOs. I had intended to enter in the mixed category, with my
son taking phone duties, but the conditions were just too difficult, despite a
valiant few (unanswered) CQs he called on 40 late Saturday evening. Sorry we
weren't able to provide that multiplier on phone.