[3830] NAQP CW NN5O Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nn5olarry@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW NN5O Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2020 05:31:23 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: NN5O
Operator(s): NN5O
Station: NN5O

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Tupelo, MS
Operating Time (hrs): 10:00

  160:
   80:   42    26
   40:  309    49
   20:  214    37
   15:  148    25
   10:   12     7
-------------------
Total:  725   144  Total Score = 104,400

Club: Deep Dixie Contest Club

Team: Deep Dixie CC Team Cotton

Comments:

Just plain fun!

Actually, I wasn't sure that I would be able to operate any this weekend, but
things turned out better than I predicted.  Reason:  During the RTTY NAQP, I had
a major RFI problem -- when running full 10w, when I transmitted, it would shut
off the home central AC unit.  WHAT????   Well, after much investigating, I
determined that there is a problem with the feed point on my horizontal loop.
Recent stormy winds had dislocated on the connection points high in one of the
trees which made the antenna droop and the feed line came too close to the
house.  Further investigation indicated that I still have a PL-259 that needs to
be replaced.

So for this weekend, I had decided that I could run a maximum of about 25 watts
to prevent further RFI.  As things turned out, I was able to advance my exciter
power and, depending upon the band I was on, I could run about 85 watts.  Whew!

So, thanks to all who answered my feeble CQs.  And, thanks for pulling my signal
ouuta the mud.

Highlights included:
   - working members of the CW Ops organization!   and
   - working fellow members of the Deep Dixie Contest Club.  We had three teams
for this NAQP (fewer than usual)

Best wishes for everyone as we approach contests such as the WAE event, then SSB
NAQP (my microphone is still in the cardboard box from when Flex delivered my
6600M about 2 years ago).

Reminders:  Stay safe!  Wash your hands well!  Wear your mask and gloves...and
lets send this coronavirus to QRT land!

Visit our club web site -- http://deepdixiecc.org

73,

--Dr. Larry S. Anderson, NN5O  (CW Ops #1327)
Tupelo, MS  (birthplace of Elvis)
Flex 6600M ~ 100w into horizontal loop up 35 feet (average)