[3830] NAQP CW K7JOE Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7joe@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K7JOE Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2020 11:47:25 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: K7JOE
Operator(s): K7JOE
Station: K7JOE

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: INDIANA
Operating Time (hrs): 4.75

  160:
   80:  102    32
   40:  185    33
   20:  113    26
   15:
   10:    2     2
-------------------
Total:  402    93  Total Score = 37,386

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Team:

Comments:

Went to lake cottage to celebrate my 51st birthday yesterday.   Got there and
saw my one antenna, a doublet, had the main rope snapped -  it had been torn
down by a big thunderstorm sometime the 2 weeks prior.   So started the day
casting a fishing line into the tree to get the doublet back in the air.  No air
cannon so only managed about 35 feet height. But it worked.  Got on at the start
and had decent rate on 20.   Kept checking 10M but no love.   Stopped for an
hour for birthday dinner (raining all day, but no lightining).  Walking back to
the shack shed, I slipped on the driveway (patch of oil or mold) and almost fell
on my behind....in the process, managed to tweak my back.  Ouch.   Anyone who
has back issues knows the pain. I took 3 advil, crawled up the steps to the ham
shack and couldn't sit in the chair at all.  So I took another hour off to get
the advil working.    After laying flat on my back for a while, I found if I sat
in a certain position I would be OK... So back I went to the radio plugging
along.  Aimed for 300 Q's.  The static was loud but tolerable on 40.  Turned to
80 and had some nice band conditions and so I worked the rest of the contest on
80 and decided to go for 400 Q's.  Worked many SMC'ers and seems the CWT's help
because my rate was 80+ very consistently.  All calling CQ,  No S&P.  Radio
is new IC7610   Wonderful QSK.
Surprised in  the low doublet too... amazing what 100W and a wire can do.   Many
GOOD ops on the air.  Really a pleasure to run.