[3830] NAQP CW K7RL M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K7RL M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2020 18:47:25 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: K7RL
Operator(s): K7RL KL2A NO3Y
Station: K7RL

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): 12
Radios: SO2R

  160:   13     7
   80:  195    48
   40:  355    52
   20:  564    49
   15:  122    32
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total: 1249   189  Total Score = 236,061

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Team:

Comments:

What started out as a remote M/2 quickly turned into a single op SO2R effort.
Shortly after the opening bell, KL2A and NO3Y in Idaho were ready to rock, but
due to extreme latency issues, the better half of our team had to call it quits
after the first 15 minutes. They made a grand total of four contacts with all of
the problems we encountered.

They tried to reconnect on several occasions, but in the end we couldn't make it
work. I kept it a M/2 rather than try and reconfigure software and hardware in
the middle of a contest. Would have been nice to see what we might have
accomplished with two high octane ops like John and Rich on board. My thanks to
them for trying to make it work, and my apologies that it didn't work.

For August, conditions seemed pretty good. The only thing missing was 10m. 80m
and 160m were very noisy with waves of QRN that made copy difficult at times.
QSB coupled with QRN made slow speed ops extremely difficult to copy without
numerous repeats. Some QSOs felt like putting together a CW jigsaw puzzle. My
thanks to those operators for their patience and repeats.

After hopes of a M/2 ended, I decided to make it a 12 hour casual effort and
didn't actively move stations around or use much spotting assistance. I also
pretty much ignored 160m. Essentially, it turned into one big SO2R practice
session.

Always nice to work so many CWT and WWDXC members. Special thanks to W6OAT for
the QSY to 10m, and thanks to all for the Qs.

73, Mitch, K7RL