[3830] WAE CW VA2EBI Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WAE CW VA2EBI Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2020 02:16:54 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: VA2EBI
Operator(s): VA2EBI
Station: VA2EBI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: QC
Operating Time (hrs): 7:30
Remote Operation

   80:
   40:
   20:  215   207    72
   15:    2    10     4
   10:
-------------------------
Total:  217   217    76  Total Score = 32,908

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

This was a proof of concept exercise.  In my first semi-serious contest
operation with my Canadian callsign VA2EBI using a pair of FTdx-5000's in Yaesu
Twin mode with Remoterig units between my condo (a/k/a no antennas) in MA and a
rural property in QC owned by Donald VE2IR.  In a little over seven hours I made
QSO's and had some nice runs, but was fighting a configuration error that caused
N1MM to continuously drop out.  Solution was to use the recommended two stop
bits instead of one.  Duh.  Some bugs still remain, but I think the setup is now
pretty much ready for prime time.  I realized I was running 200 watts (the
maximum for the FT5K) instead of the low power limit of 100 watts, so had to
enter as SOHP, but it was just a test run.  Antenna is a T-10 log periodic at 70
feet, so I felt competitive.  I obviously have things to learn about remote
contesting, but it was fun getting this call into the contest realm.  Thanks for
the QSO's!
73, George VA2EBI/W1EBI