[3830] WAE CW VK2IA Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vk2ia@vkcc.net
Subject: [3830] WAE CW VK2IA Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2020 06:08:54 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: VK2IA
Operator(s): VK2IA
Station: VK2IA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: VK/ZL
Operating Time (hrs): 28
Radios: SO2R

   80:   12     0     7
   40:  297   337    38
   20:   85    45    29
   15:   48    57    17
   10:    0     0     0
-------------------------
Total:  442   439   243  Total Score = 206,154

Club: VK Contest Club

Comments:

Last contesting opportunity for me before another border closure.

The border between New South Wales VK2 (where I live) and Queensland VK4
(station location) was closed on Saturday, which was announced a few days
earlier by the Queensland government. Luckily I made the 2.5 hour drive on
Thursday.

Thanks for the QSOs and the QTCs. But most importantly thank you for your
patience. LP here and QRN in EU is not the best combination.

While the 3 ele on 40m sure helped to boost my signal (75% of QTCs and almost
70% of QSOs were made on 40m), the rotary dipole on 20m was again the wet
blanket. Hopefully we will have a new 4 ele yagi for 20m up before CQWW, and
will have moved the 40m yagi to a new 30m tower by then. Still a lot of work in
progress, and the current restrictions sure doesn't help.

73
Bernd VK2IA