[3830] WAE CW OE1CIW Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, oe1ciw@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WAE CW OE1CIW Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2020 08:55:09 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: OE1CIW
Operator(s): OE1CIW
Station: OE1CIW

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: JN88EE
Operating Time (hrs): 29:17

   80:    6     0     6
   40:   96   233    28
   20:   75   118    34
   15:   15     0     9
   10:    5     0     4
-------------------------
Total:  197   351   202  Total Score = 110,696

Club:

Comments:

2020 WAE DX Contest CW - OE1CIW SO AB LP

Practicing QTC reception with LCWO.net has paid off. It was my very first time
to type the QTCs directly into DXLog and i didn´t expect that it really works
so good! Thanks especially to Mats RM2D for his advice to type the QTCs directly
into DXLog - it´s easy and works really great! Finally it´s over with the mess
of paper 😋.

I started very late with begging for QTCs because I was afraid that something
could go wrong so i´m very thankful for your patience with me - KD4D was my
first victim, hihi ... 😄. Some tries later it works great and i could even
also write QTCs from P33W who is one of the fast one. Sometimes i had to ask
again for exchange number or callsign but mostly because of QRM from the side or
QSB and not because of the speed.

WAE DX contest this year was a lot better than last year for me but propagation
could be better. Nevertheless great openings to ZM1A and ZM4T on Saturday
morning around 0530z on 40 m.

Sunday morning around 0530z i had the luck to hear KL7SB on 20 m - he did a
lonely CQ call and nobody answered except me 😋. So most of my main activity
was during night hours on 40 and 20 m. I heard also some stations from USA and
Canada on 80 m but too weak for me to copy - they can hear me i noticed some
months ago!

Rig: K3 100 watts to a moxon for 20 m and several dipoles for every single band
(all antennas i´m using are indoor wires in the attic), DXLog 2.4.27, Begali
HST II.

Some of my highlights during WAE:

80 m: EA8RM, 4Z5LY, RA9P, UP2L, 4L2M, P33W

40 m: PJ4A Bonaire, KP2M + KP2DX US Virgin Isl, EA8RM, ZM1A + ZM4T New Zealand,
ZR2A/4 South Africa, HZ7C Saudi Arabia, JO4JKL Japan, VR2XAN Hong Kong (new
country on 40 m), 7 stations from Canada, 61 stations from USA

20 m: KL7SB Alaska, PJ4A Bonaire, KP2M + KP2DX US Virgin Isl, EA8RM, ZR2A/4
South Africa (new country on 20 m), HZ7C Saudi Arabia, BI4KKC China, PY5FB
Brazil, LW8DQ Argentina, FY5KE French Guiana, 4 stations from Japan, 6 stations
from Canada, 33 stations from USA

15 m: EA8RM, C4W, TA7I, 4Z5LY, UP2L + UP0L Kazakhstan, P3AA, 4X6FR, P33W, 4Z4AK,
RM9I, ZR2A/4 South Africa, HZ7C Saudi Arabia, CT3KN Madeira

10 m: HZ7C Saudi Arabia, Cyprus, Israel

Only P33W i work them on all five bands 80-10 m!

Totally time ON for 29:17 hrs and i got QTCs from 42 stations - next time i
promise to ask earlier for QTCs 😉.

Very nice contest with special needs in receiving morse code ... meanwhile i
love to get QTCs and now i can really type them into my contest log - that´s
really a milestone for me!

Thanks for all the contacts and QTCs. And thank you very much for reducing the
speed (sometimes 😄) and for your patience. I guess now i´m also addicted to
QTCs not only to morsecode 😋!

Cuagn in WAE 2021 CW and in the next CW contest 🙂!
73 de Michael OE1CIW

PS: www.lcwo.net - a good way to improve your QTC skills - try it!

#WAE #waedc #WAEDXContestCW #QTC #CW