[3830] NAQP SSB K8TE Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K8TE.Bill.Mader@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB K8TE Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2020 04:20:31 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: K8TE
Operator(s): K8TE
Station: K8TE

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: New Mexico
Operating Time (hrs): 3

  160:
   80:    1     1
   40:   51    22
   20:   21    19
   15:    8     6
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  105    49  Total Score = 5,145

Club: Albuquerque DX Assn

Team:

Comments:

Well, that was not much fun!  I never got a decent run going beyond 56/hour for
21 QSO’s on 40m!  There were lots of really big signals, probably running a
lot more than 100 Watts.  If that weren’t enough, we’re in the monsoon
season so the thunderstorms showed up six times!  By the time 10 hours into the
event rolled around, I had nearly seven hours off time.

It was interesting to receive “Great audio!” followed by “I can’t
understand your call.”  Huh?  Check your noise blankers please.  It was fun to
hear a few regulars/friends, as always.  Looking back to 2016, I hope Cycle 25
ramps up much faster.  We need that higher SFI desperately!  A beam or two and
higher wires will help improve my capability over a pair of low, multi-band
dipoles connected to the K3.  BTW, at the same height, one dipole was several
S-units better than the other at any time.  73, Bill, K8TE