[3830] NAQP SSB WB4UBK Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wb4ubk@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB WB4UBK Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2020 13:07:23 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: WB4UBK
Operator(s): WB4UBK
Station: WB4UBK

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs): 8

  160:    0     0
   80:    0     0
   40:   20    14
   20:   33    22
   15:   53    20
   10:   69    23
-------------------
Total:  175    79  Total Score = 13,825

Club: Florida Contest Group

Team: ORANGE CRUSH 3

Comments:

My first big contest effort.  Ten meters was awesome! Started running stations
and made 54 contacts in 30 minutes. on the other end, 160 meters was filled with
noise. Called CQ several times with no response. Twenty meters taught me the
value of using the IF filters on my IC-7410. Picked up Alaska for WAS. Set
several goals for the contest: QSOs-400 (only made 175), multipliers-65
(exceeded with 79), 9 hours in the chair (made 8, voice giving out and QSO count
dismal). Antenna garden (certainly not a farm): 160M OCF dipole and 6 band trap
vertical with a good ground system. Learned a lot about contesting and will be
back, maybe with a small beam to help out.