[3830] NAQP SSB KE3X Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kenke3x@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB KE3X Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2020 15:42:42 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: KE3X
Operator(s): KE3X
Station: KE3X

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: DC
Operating Time (hrs): 1

  160:
   80:
   40:   13    11
   20:   27    20
   15:   52    21
   10:    8     6
-------------------
Total:  100    58  Total Score = 5,800

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: PVRC Downtown DC Team #1

Comments:

Only had 1 hour to play in this one from 6:30-7:30 PM local but what a fun hour!
   If there was one NAQP SSB that I should have done a full 10-hour effort in,
this was it!

Started on 20 and did some S&P, then a W-zero moved me to 15.   Got a
favorable signal report so pointed the beam West and call one CQ, an immediate
pileup resulted, with 240/hour for about 15-minutes.   Quite amazing

Then someone moved me to 10-meters and that was also open to the Midwest, GA and
FL at 7PM... awesome!

40-Meters was also a pleasure using the new 3-element long-boom wire Inverted
Vee fixed NE, which I had designed (with a lot of help) and put up ahead of WAE
CW.   Even the Western stations heard me on it.   Big improvement over the
Vertical.   Motivates me to put up a second 40-meter Vee or Loop pointed West/NW
for Sweepstakes.   Then 40-Meters will have gone from my worst band to my best
band in the space of just one month.

73,

Ken

Day        Hr   7    14   21   28   Tot  Accum
2020-08-15 22   0    16   20   0    36   36
2020-08-15 23   13   11   32   8    64   100
Total      0    13   27   52   8    100  100