[3830] OhQP W8WTS Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jim@w8wts.com
Subject: [3830] OhQP W8WTS Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2020 02:37:43 +0000
                    Ohio QSO Party - 2020

Call: W8WTS
Operator(s): W8WTS
Station: W8WTS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Auburn Twp., OH
Operating Time (hrs): 11:55
Radios: SO2R

   80:  321    171
   40:  242     70
   20:   32
   15:
   10:   43
--------------------
Total:  638    241  CW Mults = 106  Ph Mults = 86  Total Score = 291,264

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

160 m QSOs in the 10 m box.

Congratulations to all of the category winners for a contest well done.
Participation was high and conditions were workable, making for an enjoyable day
on the air.

Setup: XM-240 @ 80 ft, Skyhawk @ 70 ft, 80 m dipole @ 65 ft, 160 m inv L,
assorted receive antennas.  2 x FT-1000MP, MK2R+ SO2R.

In the contest, I never listened to 10 m or 15 m.  20 m was minimally productive
with only 32 QSOs and 7 mults.  40 m started out long and became very long,
yielding the best path to the central and western US.  Of 312 40 m QSOs, only 55
(17%) were within 500 km.  By contrast, of 492 80 m QSOs, 288 (59%) were within
500 km.  80 m was excellent throughout the contest.  160 m added little value,
as my rate dropped precipitously during each short QSY to the band.

My best hour was 02Z with 96 QSOs.  The last four hours accounted for 340 QSOs,
39% of total.  The slowest hour was 23Z with 57 QSOs, a consequence of
multiplier hunting rather than lack of activity.

Thanks to everyone for their QSOs and to Mad River Radio Club for organizing the
Ohio QSO Party.

73 and stay well,

Jim, W8WTS