[3830] CWopsT KG5U LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kg5u@att.net
Subject: [3830] CWopsT KG5U LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2020 04:07:17 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 0300Z Aug 27

Call: KG5U
Operator(s): KG5U
Station: KG5U

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Texas
Operating Time (hrs): 1

------------
  160:
   80:   3
   40:  79
   20:   5
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  87  Mults = 82  Total Score = 7,134

Club: Texas DX Society

Comments:

Great conditions on 40 and great conditions on 80. But, on moving to 80 in the
last 15 minutes, I found high swr. I checked the six-pak in the garage and all
was well there. I walked into the backyard and saw the 80m leg insulator laying
in the grass. I tried to take it to the back fence, but the leg was under a guy
and could not get it taut. Still had way high swr and had to go back to 40.
Rats. I blame this all on Laura, hurricane Laura. It's all her fault. we got
some gusty winds early this evening, but things were way calm when I checked
before CWT. Oh well. I wasn't even sure I'd be able to get on the air tonight,
so this situation now is way better than what I foresaw. Laura is passing to
tthe east of us and we are just catching the outer bands and not much of them.
My thoughts are with those in east Texas and Louisiana. Laura's eye should be
making landfall about now.

thanks for the QSOs. See you all next week. Have a great and safe one.

73,
dale, kg5u

Station:
Xcvr: Elecraft K3S, 100w
Antennas: 10-20m: AV-640, gnd mtd; 40m: Inv vee at 70ft; 80m: Inv vee at 70ft
Software: N1MM Logger+
Paddles: Kent iambic