[3830] WWDigi AB1J SOSB20 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ktfrog007@aol.com
Subject: [3830] WWDigi AB1J SOSB20 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2020 15:58:46 +0000
                    World Wide Digi DX Contest - 2020

Call: AB1J
Operator(s): AB1J
Station: AB1J

Class: SOSB20 LP
QTH: Waltham, EMA
Operating Time (hrs): 8:23

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  113    22
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  113    22  Total Score = 3,366

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I think I've participated to some extent in all the FT contests since the first
FT8 Roundup in December 2018.  The ones that work best for me are those with
100w limits.  Somehow the addition of HP stations warps my reality more than it
does with other modes.  They suck up all the oxygen and make it more difficult
for me to work DX.

For that reason I just put in a part-time effort in this contest.

As this is a distance scored contest, it was difficult at times to work low
value running stations who had other, better options (DX callers).  I was
apparently black listed by W1UE who would never work me, not in either practice
session or the contest itself. Good signals, too, from a fellow YCCCer.

There has been a lot of discussion about all the NILs in FT contests.  A (very)
few folks have submitted golden logs.  It occurred to me that anyone could have
a golden log if they only logged contacts they were 120% certain of.  Of course,
that would leave other stations with busted logs.  Some kind of zero-sum game.

I look forward to the FT Roundup in December.  But I look forward more to the
CQ-WW-RTTY, which is a lot more fun.  I know that acquiring self-knowledge,
often through adversity, is a higher goal, but fun is still fun.

73,
Ken, AB1J

Flex 6500
N1MM Logger+  WSJT-X v2.2.2
20m attic dipole
20m outdoor 66' outdoor stealth wire with indoor counterpoise
LoTW  eQSL  ClubLog