[3830] CWopsT K3GHH/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT K3GHH/2 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2020 14:15:27 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z Sep 2

Call: K3GHH/2
Operator(s): K3GHH
Station: K3GHH/2

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NY
Operating Time (hrs): 0.8

------------
  160:
   80:  14
   40:  12
   20:   3
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  29  Mults = 29  Total Score = 841

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

[log removed from comments]

Woah, rough morning here in the Adirondacks. It's been raining and my doublet is
buried in the trees, so maybe there's some causality there. The Eagle at first
wouldn't tune 20 (internal ATU); later it did, but FROZE after every QSO: red
"TX" light stayed on (though no signal was being transmitted) and
everything else, incuding the VFO, was frozen. Guess I need to go out and look
at that antenna. At least I can almost reach it standing on the ground.

In the hour before the 1300 CWT the glass bulb broke off one of the lightbulbs
in my bathroom vanity fixture. Enjoying the light from the adjacent bulb, I
tried to remove the broken-off base without even turning the fixture off...
yikes. Blew the breaker, and disassembled most of the light fixture before
realizing that's what it was. One more reminder that having an amateur radio
license DOESN'T qualify one as an electrician! Or even guarantee common sense.

---Thanks for the (few!) QSOs, guys, and 73 --- John K3GHH/3