[3830] KsQP K0I(KI0I) Mobile Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] KsQP K0I(KI0I) Mobile Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2020 04:50:41 +0000
                    Kansas QSO Party - 2020

Call: K0I
Operator(s): KI0I
Station: KI0I

Class: Mobile Unlimited HP
QTH: ks
Operating Time (hrs): 18

   80:    31
   40:   768   109
   20:   832   107
   15:
   10:
    6:
----------------------------
Total:  1631   216      0  Mults = 54  Total Score = 287,550

Club: Kansas City Contest Club

Comments:

Score guestimate by N1MM+, of course log checking will alter that.
What a weekend ! Never thought I`d come out with a personal best for any QP thus
far.
Saturday began in rain and a raging storm. In SE KS lightning strikes were
cracking around me and I was a bit nervous with 5 WHIPS in the air over my head
!!! I made it thru the blitz zone to find tree limbs in the road that I had to
dodge, a very strong wind front had passed thru ahead of me.
Thus the reason for so many repeats needed Saturday morning. Once I made it to
I35 area the sun came out and the beauty of Kansas shown thru.
I added a few counties on the far end of the circle and it wrecked my route at
the end of day. I ran out of clock at McPherson KS and made the choice to go
home vs stay in a hotel and completely change the Sunday route. It was a 3.5 HR
trip to my house . I credit chocolate mini donuts and Dr Pepper for keeping my
eyes open HIHI !
Saturday bands were a bit odd as areas of the US would come and go. DX was very
light. I worked OM2VL a few times and DL, F, G and SP. ALASKA was a nice
surprise as well as a few Q`s with VE9VIC.
Sunday seemed a bit better but DX was still rare.
There were some great runs both days and the pileups kept going.
Sorry for the hacked up sending, I hand sent all callsigns and used a winkeyer
to send most exchanges. I must find the reason the dit paddle wont respond at
times. I suspect the key jack on the keyer.
Sunday I ran a couple counties short because I tried to get out of GRE faster
and wound up on gravel in a Honda Accord. Not good for fast travel.
With all the mobiles out I only met one, maybe Con K5CM? We waved as we met but
I never heard him.
The car and equipment functioned ok , but if I tried to raise power too high
the speedo would jump around and the cruise control would drop out. So around
300-350w was all I dared to do.
It`s always fun to get out and work all the great ops on air, most of you are
quite adept at the sport of chasing mobiles. Varying the tones and speeds of
signals helps the mobile op pick a call from an endless droning of callsigns in
a pileup.
The assigned freq`s Bob set worked well most of the time, SUNDAY at at start
time I had to qsy down for a KS station on 7034...
Too many things happen over the course of the weekend to tell all but I can say
it`s always an adventure to remember.
I really appreciate the patience you all showed as I hacked up morse code pretty
badly at times.
Hope everyone had as much fun as I did in the midwest`s best QSO party ,Thanks
mostly to Bob W0BH, the superman of QP COORDINATORS.

Stay safe in this crazy world , 73 C U next one
Mark KI0I K0I/m
Rig , IC7100 and 500w SS amp arb704 and MFJ998  3 Hamsticks on a magnet and a
mast with 2 Hustler coils onna 2nd mag mount.
Begali simplex paddle and a Winkeyer usb   2 numb fingers