[3830] TnQP N4ZZ Multi-Op MobileCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TnQP N4ZZ Multi-Op MobileCW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2020 18:53:58 +0000
                    Tennessee QSO Party - 2020

Call: N4ZZ
Operator(s): N4ZZ AD4EB KI4HVY
Station: N4ZZ

Class: Multi-Op MobileCW LP
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs): 9

  160:
   80:   272                   46
   40:  1006                   54
   20:   186                   31
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  222:
  432:
-----------------------------------
Total:  1464    0       0     131  Total Score = 587,952

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

This was our 9th time operating mobile in the TNQP, and this year we ended up
with our highest score ever.  Weather was perfect and participation was out of
this world, possibly in part due to COVID-19 keeping people at home (307 unique
callsigns).  Propagation was good and the band noise was minimal.  Best band was
40 meters by far. I operated the first half of the contest, Don operated the
second half, and Melody did a great job driving the 2000 Montana van and
navigating. We drove thru 25 counties over the 377 mile route.

We had a couple places where the GPS took us off course and we lost a little
time.  When Don started operating, Melody turned the helm to over to me.  Within
the first 500 feet I hit some tree limbs with the 80m vertical which bent some
spokes on the top hat (I tend to do that a lot, Melody never).  That messed up
the SWR but we chose to not waste valuable time fixing it, and lived with it for
the duration of the contest.  Other than that everything worked without a
hitch.

The top 14 operators based on the number of QSOs were:

K1RO (38)
VE3NNT (27)
NW0M (27)
OM2VL (26)
K9RS (25)
DL3DXX (25)
NA8V (23)
K3WJV (23)
WN4AFP (22)
K5CM (22)
WT2P (19)
N9SE (19)
K8MFO (19)
N8II (18)

Early on in the contest I figured Mark K1RO would probably be the top finisher,
he had such a strong signal on all bands and was really quick finding us in each
county.  Way to go Mark!  As usual, Laci OM2VL and Dietmar DL3DXX put in amazing
stellar performances.  They both really knew how to track us and had powerful
signals as well, even on 80m.  Mitch NW0M did very well at breaking thru the
pileups.  We were using APRS during the contest, and the link with the route to
APRS.fi was on our QRZ.com webpages.  I suspect OM2VL and DL3DXX were using it
since they seemed to pounce on us immediately upon entering many counties.  For
those that used APRS.fi, I would appreciate hearing how it worked for you and
any improvements that could be made.

We appreciate everyone that worked us in the contest.  Don and I especially want
to thank Melody (KI4HVY) for driving us all around beautiful TN yet again.

Please listen for Melody and me in the TXQP September 12th and 13th.  County
line crossing times and the APRS link are on the AD4EB QRZ.com webpage.

Take care and be safe.

73 - Jim - AD4EB