[3830] CoQP N8II SOMixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CoQP N8II SOMixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2020 20:07:11 +0000
                    Colorado QSO Party - 2020

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: SOMixed LP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): 9.25

  160:
   80:
   40:   11     17
   20:   20     79
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  222:
  432:
----------------------------
Total:   31     96      0  CW Mults = 18  Ph Mults = 41  Dig Mults = 0  Total
Score = 19,144

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

It was a pretty slow day; I need to remind myself next year to save some energy
for the TNQP the next day. The CO natives who went mobile were hard to find.
Ken, W0ETT broke his keyer paddle early and it appears he had to go home for a
new one. The QRM from the CW open contest was bad at times, but if stations
operated on 20 above 14055 they were pretty much in the clear; some did not. I
had trouble finding Greg, W0ZA/M on CW (never heard on phone) because he seemed
to show up on a different frequency most times on 20 and his signal was weak at
times, particularly 16-19Z. The rules do not permit single ops to use spotting,
so it is pretty important for mobiles to try and stick to the same frequency.
Rich, N0HJZ/M visiting from MN did his usual full time with very few breaks
effort and tried t stay on the same frequency on 20 SSB all day. I worked Rich
22 times in 21 counties and missed him in Park/Teller. There was a decent amount
of 20M phone activity and some rare counties on the air with some portables
active (most did not call CQ that much). During the 16-10Z stretch I was
definitely suffering from poor prop from here on 20; west coast stations and
AA1SU in VT were working many more Q's than me. 20 stayed open past 01Z and
signals were very strong from 23-01Z, but activity had dropped.

One last comment; if you have bonus stations, they should be active and
operating from a good station. I worked one who called me from his mobile.
Thanks to the mobiles and all who called or heard me. I tried 80M with no luck.

73, Jeff N8II