[3830] NA Sprint CW K9ZO QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW K9ZO QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2020 06:30:25 +0000
                    NA Sprint CW Contest - September

Call: K9ZO
Operator(s): K9ZO
Station: K9ZO

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: il
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:   67
   40:   38
   20:   26
---------------------

Club:

Team:

Comments:

20 was OK once I stuck with calling only the strong stations.   The SteppIR
again would not work on 40.  Spent a lot of time recallibrating it without
succcess. It resonated at about 9.8 MHZ.  The inverted vee moved up in frequency
when I added wire to lower the 80 meter frequency.  It was about 7.4 MHZ so I
will have to work on it in the morning to get both bands right.  80 was pretty
good and I was impressed with the west coast stations who could copy my 5 watts.
 I had a reasonable rate until more stations showed up and it was difficult to
get through. It was the best antenna, so have to get the other ones working.
The 80  meter 4 square should be nice if I can finish it this year.   Best rate
was 53 per hour.

It's time to get rid of the SteppIR 18e. It was junk ever since I put it up.
Quite a disappointment.  I am looking at the Mosley 67 C3.  I wish it had more
elements on 30, though.

Had to take some time off due to side effects and feeling pretty tired this
week.