[3830] NA Sprint CW W8FN HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w8fn@windstream.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW W8FN HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2020 14:45:17 +0000
                    NA Sprint CW Contest - September

Call: W8FN
Operator(s): W8FN
Station: W8FN

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 4:00

   80:  103
   40:   80
   20:   42
---------------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Team: South East Sprint Coalition #2

Comments:

This was the first Sprint I've operated in since Sept. 1995, so I was skeptical
that I could have much success at all. Fortunately, modern software made it
relatively easy to pick up the unique rhythm of the contest. My poor antenna on
20 really hurt results; I couldn't seem to make myself be heard most of the
time. Missed most "jump ball"opportunities as well, especially on 80,
but given the level of operator skill and experience of the competition, I
didn't feel too bad about the final results. When it got to going OK for a few
brief stretches, it was really fun. I'll probably be back for the next running.

73...
Randy, W8FN