[3830] ARRL Sep VHF KN6IOB SO 3Band LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF KN6IOB SO 3Band LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2020 04:09:02 +0000

  3.4:   0     0
  5.7:   0     0
  10G:   0     0
  24G:   0     0
-------------------
Total:  22     7  Total Score = 196

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

First time participating in any contest with all the gear being mine AND it not
being cheap stuff.  It was filled with great lessons:
I want a new antenna and it needs to be mounted on the roof not in the attic.
I need an All Band big and/or 6m and 1.25m for the fun of it.
Not everyone is ready for quick QSOs, I get it.  It's just a hobby.

Seems like 2M was happening, as expected.  Mostly in spurts but still there and
fun.  70cm was filled with QRN not just on my side but other commented as well.
Odd but still allowed for exchanges.

There was never any 1 person hogging the calling frequency as there has been in
the past.  In fact there were numerous QSOs on .490 and .550 which was great
since I feel so many people forget that there is an entire section of the band
available for simplex.

Logging shows only 196 now but earlier it showed higher.  I think the earlier
count was from QSOs that got duplicated then deleted when I manually checked the
logs.  A couple points isn't going to matter at this level.

Thanks to all!