[3830] TxQP N8II SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N8II@aol.com
Subject: [3830] TxQP N8II SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2020 19:13:30 +0000
                    Texas QSO Party - 2020

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): 14.6

  160:    0      0
   80:    9      1
   40:   85     22
   20:  154    194
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:  248    217      0  Mults = 167  Total Score = 208,226

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Score includes 11,500 bonus points for working mobiles/rovers.

I was just not in it to win it on Saturday after a busy week. I did well in the
ALQP in my "spare" time and stumbled across a few OH parks while
searching in vain for AL stations on 40 phone. I also squeezed in a little US
Open tennis viewing. It was really a bad weekend to schedule QP's with the
competing WAE SSB, FOC BW, and CW NA Sprint. Each contributed its good share of
QRM. At least most of the TX ops in the FOC showed up Sunday to hand out some
TXQP QSO's, thanks! Luckily the WAE SSB QRM was probably louder in TX than here
thanks to a good f/b ratio on my yagi.

Most ops missed a really good late opening to TX on 20 from 23-01Z after east TX
had long faded into the noise but completely rebounded around 24Z. 40 was pretty
miserable from 16-20Z both days with Sunday being a nearly total fade out. 20
stayed in pretty good shape with decreased signals 17-19Z Sunday. I had good
luck with 20 phone CQ's getting many Q's and more rare counties calling in than
expected like JHOG and JDAV. Some of the rare ones did show up with the CW
mobiles later. Sunday was such a pleasure to operate compared to Sunday in the
KSQP with almost no 20 SSB run Q's to be had. If I had pushed it my score would
have been easily over 225K, but I'm happy with how it turned out with my 200W
"HP". Especially Sunday, many pile ups were hard to break through.

Many thanks to all of the mobiles (had several on SSB call in with a mult). I
hope everyone survived the long miles and stays healthy. By the numbers, here
are my mobile totals (QSO's/Counties): AD4EB 35/27, N5NA 34/28, K5DX 19/19, K5CM
24/14 (Sat. only), AF5Q 12/12, N4CD 11/6, KI5MM(SSB) 7/7, KS5A 7/6, WB0TEV(SSB)
6/6, K5IX 6/6, KG5U 5/5, KA3QLF 4/4, K0YY 3/2. Many thanks to all of the casual
op callers and the serious ops as well, an uptick in activity it seems to me.

73, Jeff N8II