[3830] ARRL Sep VHF N1PRW Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, as@shawsheen.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF N1PRW Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2020 02:36:12 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  40     16  Total Score = 640

Club:

Comments:

QRP operation in Andover, Mass at 130' ASL. Weather was partly cloudy and cool,
65-72F.
Station Equipment:
- Yaesu FT-817ND @ 5 Watts
- 1/2 wavelength 6m aluminum dipole, homemade
- Elk 2M/440L5 portable log periodic antenna

Apparent tropo allowed QSOs from FN42 to NY locations.

No QSOs on 432. I'm not sure why I haven't been able to connect here lately. 432
should be an easy way to get 2x QSO points and more multipliers. Just 3 QSOs in
3 grids on 432 would have increased my total score by 234 points.

All QSOs FT8. FT8 works better than SSB phone from my location. However, FT8 is
not easily backpacked to a hilltop where SSB phone would have been excellent.

Fun contest and some surprising DX in spite of the condx. Thanks for the QSOs.

73 Alexander N1PRW