[3830] 144FallSprnt NU4E Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] 144FallSprnt NU4E Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2020 12:01:01 +0000
                    144 MHz Fall Sprint - 2020

Call: NU4E
Operator(s): NU4E
Station: NU4E

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EM85
Operating Time (hrs): 3:75

Total:  QSOs = 52  Mults = 34  Total Score = 1,768

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Comments:

WOW, that was fun!!! Drove from SC to the Parkway in NC at 6020ft after QRL.
Arrived after 2.5h and installed the antenna. Already about 20F temperature
difference up there. Made a SSB and FT8 test QSO all seemed okay. The sprint was
fun, even internet was more stable than at my previous visits. Had a clitch with
my antenna, needed to take it down but couldn´t find a fault in the dark,
brought it back up all ok :-). NZ3M told me I was to far down in the FT8 band,
sri about that, I guess something was wrong as I was transimitting above 1000khz
from 144.174. K4LY later said I was  loud but did not came back to him, never
saw him on the screen, not sure if and where I made the mistake.
Recognized super condx in almost all directions, Never thought I could make so
many QSOs with 6 elements and 140W but the QTH and the enhanced condx helped to
break a few 600 mile QSOs!!! I planned to stay 2 - 2.5 hours and then I
couldn´t switch off and kept going until 11:48pm when I pulled the plug, took
the station down and arrived home at 1:15am.
Mults not mentioned in the log are a black bear and 2 deer a few miles from my
QTH on my way back. Lowest temperatur since months, 34F when I drove back
Thanks for all QSOs, this sprint really made my day
See you next time
73 Matt - NU4E