[3830] CQ WW RTTY KM4SII SO(A)AB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, km4siinc@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY KM4SII SO(A)AB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2020 00:17:24 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY - 2020

Call: KM4SII
Operator(s): KM4SII
Station: KM4SII

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 38

   80:  210       43      26    10
   40:  489       50      49    18
   20:  284       33      59    20
   15:   40        6      19    12
   10:    3        0       2     1
------------------------------------
Total: 1026      132     155    61  Total Score = 637,884

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

This was my first all-out RTTY contest... I've dabbled in a few before but have
not done a full 48-style operation. I was not expecting to break 1,000 QSOs
considering the very poor conditions and my SO1R with all-wires setup. A
pleasant surprise indeed!

In the first hour, just about everything that could go wrong went wrong.
Breakers repeatedly tripping, computer crashes, N1MM inexplicably resetting
itself to default configurations, etc. Fortunately, things went smoothly after
that, but at the cost of a sizeable chunk of op time.

While the low bands were pretty decent, the high bands were suffering. G1-class
solar storm conditions sure put the attenuator on things... on 20m even the
big-gun EUs were weaker than normal and openings to Scandinavia and the middle
east barely materialized. 15m was even worse with only a few very brief openings
into EU where only the southernmost stations were workable. An extremely short
10m opening materialized allowing me to work two LUs and one CX for valuable
mults. Fortunately, the low bands saved the day with great runs of domestic and
DX alike!

Thanks to K9NR for the great competition on the online scoreboard. We were back
and forth all weekend, but on Sunday afternoon while I struggled to make any
QSOs, he shot past me and I couldn't catch up. Congrats on the great score!

Thanks for all the QSOs. 73 de KM4SII - Mason (17 years old)

Rig: Flex-6300
Power: 100w
Antennas: Dipole @ 60 ft (40/15m); Delta loop @ 60 ft (20/10m); Dipole sloping
from 70 to 20 ft (80m)