[3830] CQ WW RTTY W4IPC(@W2/BLUEBERRY) M/S Rookie LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY W4IPC(@W2/BLUEBERRY) M/S Rookie LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2020 00:36:29 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY - 2020

Call: W4IPC
Operator(s): W4IPC KC1KUG
Station: W2/BLUEBERRY

Class: M/S LP
Class Overlay: Rookie
QTH: NY
Operating Time (hrs): 48
Remote Operation

   80:  105       42      21     8
   40:  352       44      54    20
   20:  217       36      55    18
   15:   25        1      16     9
   10:    5        1       3     3
------------------------------------
Total:  704      123     149    58  Total Score = 440,880

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

This was our first time seriously operating a RTTY contest... I've played around
in a few in the past but never done a full effort. After about the first two
hours we started to not expect to break 500 QSOs due to how poor the conditions
were but making it to 700 was a pleasant surprise!

The low bands were pretty good, 20 and up were not very desirable due to the G1
solar flare that decided to hit. On 20m we were struggling to even hear 9A1A and
other "beacon" stations. It was nice for the band to open slightly and
allow for a couple Middle East QSOs. 15m had almost no openings to EU except for
one Italian station we could barely make out. 15m did have some nice openings to
South America like expected and allowed us to get some much needed mults. 10m
had an extremely short opening to South America allowing us to work a couple of
stations deep into SA. 40m and 20m were the bands that yielded the most contacts
but only because we stayed on 20 most of the day... 40m and 80m were our sugar
bands where we could actually get a decent run going.

All in all it was a fun contest and do be expecting to hear our diddles again in
the future.

Also big thanks to Ray W2RE and the RHR youth program for allowing us the use of
the great station!
https://www.remotehamradio.com/youth/

Station:

Radio: Flex 6600