[3830] CQ WW RTTY N7AT(K8IA) SO(A)SB40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bobk8ia@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY N7AT(K8IA) SO(A)SB40 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2020 01:41:37 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY - 2020

Call: N7AT
Operator(s): K8IA
Station: K8IA

Class: SO(A)SB40 HP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 27

   80:
   40: 1022      56      54    27
   20:
   15:
   10:
-----------------------------------
Total: 1022      56      54    27  Total Score = 239,476

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

An interesting weekend, for sure. I think this is the only time I have operated
a contest where the A-index reached 43! I saw that peak there about 0115Z
Saturday, and stay for a bit. The K was 5 then. All weekend the A got no lower
than 20 and the K varied between 3 and 5. Not exactly a DX-fest weekend.

Our usually superb JA/YB opening was no more than Fair-to-Good. Plus Eu stations
were scarce here in the west. Fortunately the rules, in CQWW RTTY, allow USA to
work USA+VE for points. If not, I would have had very little to do.

Some of the more active zones worked, showing number of qsos:
Zone 4 = 300
Zone 3 = 224
Zone 25 = 174
Zone 28 = 49
Zone 8 = 22

Only 31 EU worked and only 14 VK's.

A real challenge, for sure. But I still enjoyed myself.

K3 to Alpha 8410
M-Squared 40M3L at 21m high

73, Bob K8IA
Arizona Outlaws Contest Club