[3830] CQ WW RTTY N6WM(@N6RO) M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, chris.tate@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY N6WM(@N6RO) M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2020 01:58:41 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY - 2020

Call: N6WM
Operator(s): N6WM N6RO K6AW K3EST WD6T
Station: N6RO

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Oakley CA
Operating Time (hrs): 48
Radios: SO2R
Remote Operation

   80:  417       50      22    17
   40:  847       53      52    28
   20:  857       55      63    28
   15:  213       21      25    16
   10:   19        4       4     5
------------------------------------
Total: 2353      183     166    94  Total Score = 1,824,717

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

M/M remote with 1 person in shack.

Well that was fun!  but a bit of work.  with solar disturbances occurring, 15
absent and 10 absent until the last hour,  along with some drama that caused us
to fill in for an unexpected operator absence, another run at CQWW is in the
books at Radio Oakley.

This is a remote multi multi, with operators connecting from around the Bay area
and state to maintain good social distancing, safety and keep multi-op
contesting alive from the station.

Conditions:  Well, not the best.  Low solar condx mixed with some Solar badness
made it tough, but we managed to best our last years score by a good margin,
keep the fire burning through the contest mostly without interruption.
Conditions often do not favor the west coast, so this is a good snapshot of what
can be worked from here in this run of the test.

both 20 and 40m bands put must of the qso volume in the logs, but good mults to
be had on other bands.

10m was absent till the last hour of the contest, when it popped open to South
America and portions of the US, providing some unexpected Zone/country mults.
also some states were open, putting some S/P mults in the log as well.  all
welcome

15m was open, on Friday night it was open to YB and Oceania, and we have ZL/VK
and YB 3d2 worked. not a peep from zone 25.  and no EU.  all other openings were
to South America.  thanks to all the PY callers who provided some good log
volume.  Always happy to get the occasional call from VP8NO, who did not
dissapoint!

20m Lackluster opening to Eu on Saturday leading to a long day of raking all we
could in on Saturday.  Sunday conditions were improved and putting some
desperately needed mults in the log. JA was there for 20 as well.

40M prop to EU almost non existent on first night, better the second night, with
a short peak were we were able to establish a short EU run. SA condx were pretty
bad as well, but a nice enhancement on their morning grey line helped is bring
em in

80m Good Sat, not so much on Sun.  Good activity around 3530: UA9, DU, HL, VK,
ZL,  AND 26 JAs (three times last yr.)  Disappointing activity from SA, but band
open.

Team

N6WM Remote - 10/15m SO2R (at times) with coverage of both 40m and 80m
WD6T Remote - 40m primary with SO2R coverage of 80m as needed
K6AW Remote - 20m primary Saturday and half of Sunday
K3EST On site - 20M Sunday AM till noon
N6RO His shack.. held down 80m when WD6T or WM on rest - 2-8 am both nights

technical assistance from NA6O and W9KKN greatly appreciated in days leading up
to the contest.

Shack
Flex 6600-M X 2  Power Genius XL X 2 SO2R configuration for both, SmartLink and
RRC for remote.  Provided 2 remote SO2R positions driven by N6WM and WD6T

K3 X 2 remoted by RRC,  ACOM 2000 and Alpha
These 2 stations were SO positions staffed up by K6AW remote, and K3EST and N6RO
on site.

Antennas:
5 X 5 X 5 on 10
5 X 5 X 5 on 15
5 X 5 X 5 on 20
4 X 4 on 40
4sq, Quad, on 80
SAL/Bevs available for listening antennas.

Thanks to all for the qso's!  we like RTTY at Radio Oakley...  diddle diddle.

73 and seeya next time
For the N6WM@N6RO team

Chris
N6WM