[3830] CQ WW RTTY 8P2K SOSB40 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dmsthill@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY 8P2K SOSB40 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2020 03:34:07 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY - 2020

Call: 8P2K
Operator(s): 8P2K
Station: 8P2K

Class: SOSB40 LP
QTH: DX
Operating Time (hrs): 20

   80:
   40:  291      42      47    13
   20:
   15:
   10:
-----------------------------------
Total:  291      42      47    13  Total Score = 69,768

Club:

Comments:

Sadly, the contest came during a very busy time but we put in a bit of an
effort. Only objective was to beat last year's score. My full-size vertical came
down during the week ahead of the contest - the supporting structure had rusted
through and one of the brackets gave way so it was leaning at a 45 degree angle
but also touching the radial plate. I decided I would also add an old Sigma 40XK
(vertical dipole) to add some variety tied together with one of my stackmatches.
Well the full size vertical was always way better so we ended up making 100% of
the QSO's on that antenna but it was nice having back-up.

Conditions seemed a bit rough and I had pretty high noise at my QTH.

All in all it was good to get back on RTTY for a bit and great to work so many
old friends.

Working conditions included a TS 590s and the dxengineering fast taper 40m 1/4
wave vertical.

Thanks to the stations who were able to pull in this peanut-whistle from 8P.

Vry 73 es GL
Dean - 8P2K