[3830] CQ WW RTTY P40P(W5AJ) SO(A)AB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY P40P(W5AJ) SO(A)AB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2020 16:16:43 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY - 2020

Call: P40P
Operator(s): W5AJ
Station: P40P

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH: Aruba
Operating Time (hrs): 35
Radios: SO2R

   80:  223       44      32    11
   40:  548       51      64    17
   20:  736       52      72    23
   15:  579       49      44    17
   10:   38       11       8     8
------------------------------------
Total: 2124      207     220    76  Total Score = 3,174,000

Club: Midland ARC

Comments:

20 years ago operated from same cottage in CQ WW SSB. This was nice return trip
to same spot.  In 2000, Carl had installed new antennas and arrived to bright
shiny Aluminum, I knew it was going to be great weekend.  2020, well it's 2020
and no Ten meters. in 2000 operated about ten hours on ten on Saturday alone
(sunspots).  John & Andy put up new Aluminum in Feb2020, once again arrived
to bright, shiny Aluminum.  Nice and effective, newer models, all played.  A new
addition is the beverage farm.  The Beverage farm here is great, world class.
Clearly works and provides excellent hearing ability on 40/80 for this contest.
Congrads to John and Andy for excellent addition.  Writelog was used for logging
- performed flawlessly and a real joy for SO2R setup.  My guess is many
stateside missed the ten meter opening about 22Z on Sunday.  Few were there but
excellent opening to pick up several new states on ten.  Noted several new ops
this year(not in pre-fil) to the game, nice.

                As far as SO2R, my ability to remember and get back into swing
with Poke/Pop was lacking.  Thanks to those that stuck with me as I mashed
"F" keys attempting to use rttyrite screen as callsign memory....
Goal was to chase the South American SOA AB LP record, might happen.   73 from
Aruba (as return to desert lands of WTX)