[3830] CaQP K7JA/6 SO(A)Fixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, chipk7ja@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP K7JA/6 SO(A)Fixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2020 16:20:18 +0000
                    California QSO Party - 2020

Call: K7JA/6
Operator(s): K7JA
Station: K7JA

Class: SO(A)Fixed LP
QTH: ORAN
Operating Time (hrs): 20

  160:   34      4
   80:  181     37
   40:  238     44
   20:  445    180
   15:   81     13
   10:    5      3
    6:
    2:
--------------------

Club: Orange County Amateur Radio Club (W6ZE)

Comments:

After living here for four decades, I finally got on for CQP this year. Having
never put in an effort, I really had no concept on strategy, but with only three
bands being productive it boiled down to "Do I get on Phone, or not?"
I think I spent too much time on Phone, butI really only went there when CW got
super slow.

For CQP (on my 60' x 100' city lot) I put up a half-wave sloper for 40, and a
quarter-wave sloper for 80 (which I used on 160 and actually made some
contacts), and while they were hardly "competition grade" solutions
for the low bands they did allow me to make some contacts. The 40 meter CW
performance was quite gratifying, considering the number of beams that are on
the band. Both 80 and 40 seemed quiet and productive. Fifteen was
marginal--spotlight prop and I think it was a super low-angle weekend there.

Missed VY1CO, who apparently was doing S&P early, but everybody else called
in just fine, including two MR and NDØTS in North Dakota Sunday morning.

Great participation--thanks to the organizing team for a job well done. Kudos to
N5ZO for a monster LP score!

73 de Chip "K7 Juliet Alpha Stroke Six" (many more syllables than the
1x1 calls!!!)