[3830] MWaveFallSprnt K9JK/R(@C0ROVEROLLA) Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k9jk@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] MWaveFallSprnt K9JK/R(@C0ROVEROLLA) Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2020 14:11:47 +0000
                    Microwave Fall Sprint - 2020

Call: K9JK/R
Operator(s): K9JK
Station: C0ROVEROLLA

Class: Rover LP
QTH: IL-EN60,EM59
Operating Time (hrs): 4.3

Total:  QSOs = 9  Total Score = 854

Club: Badger Contesters

Comments:

Used "points" at https://contest-clubs.arrl.org/griddistancecalc.php
for distance calculations.

3.4G - 2 Qs - 65 km
10G  - 5 Qs - 787 km
24G  - 1 Q  - 1 km
47G  - 1 Q  - 1 km

The "Op Time" includes quite a bit of waiting and drive time from the
first stop to the second stop; actual operating time may have been barely 2
hours.

Nice to meet up with Zack, W9SZ, for a tour of Champaign County, IL. Thanks to
Zack for our 6 Qs (2 each on 3.4G and 10G plus one each on 24G and 47G) which
netted 125 toward score. Two QSOs with Gedas, W8BYA (242 km and 264 km), and one
with Ron, W9ZIH (223 km), made up the bulk of my score.

Total miles driven in the CoROVERolla was just over 400, though there was also
some post-contest activity with Zack to add Grid Activations in my pursuit of
the Central States VHF Society's "Reverse VUCC" recognition program.

As always, thanks to all who participated (especially to W9SZ as 'tour guide'
and to W8BYA and W9ZIH for the "DX" on 10 GHz), to Bruce, NT4RT, and
the Southeast VHF Society for their continued management and sponsorship of the
Fall Sprint series.

73, JK