[3830] CQWW SSB KT4ZB SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kt4zb@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB KT4ZB SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2020 00:14:52 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: KT4ZB
Operator(s): KT4ZB
Station: KT4ZB

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: Georgia
Operating Time (hrs): 21

  160:
   80:
   40:   48    12       26
   20:  278    26       80
   15:  254    28       83
   10:   77    11       20
------------------------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

There is no better way to peg the FUN meter than to work DXCC in one weekend!
This CQWW was totally unexpected since the new solar cycle is just beginning.
Friday night started with a phenomenal opening into Asia and the Oceania where
the station collected 20+ JA's, B, VK, KH6, KH2 & E51. Saturday gave a long
opening into Europe on both 15 and 20 m. I went into this contest to give out
points and only spend a few hours on the air; instead I stuck around for about
21 hours and stopped when I had over 600 QSOs and 500,000 points. My original
goal was to work a couple of hundred stations and take it easy, so I spent very
little time on 40 m and I still don't have an 80 m wire up.

Ended up working 104 different countries with some of the better DX being Saudi
Arabia, Israel, China, Hong Kong, Cook Islands, Gurnsey, Reunion Island,
Tanzania, Maurtania, Malawi, Guam, Japan (34), St. Helena, Gibraltar, St. Pierre
and Miquelon, Algeria, Oman, Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Isle of Man and
Kazakhstan. 10 m tried and tried on Sunday to open; but just couldn't make it
all the way. Still there was some Europe and of course South America. All S
& P, never tried to run.

The station worked flawlessly all weekend and the station received a number of
excellent signal reports. Cannot wait until this virus goes away.

Jere

Flex 6400, Yeasu Quadra amplifier, N1MM, Hi-Gain TH6 and dipole for 40 m.