[3830] CQWW SSB K3PP SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k3pp@k3pp.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB K3PP SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2020 00:18:35 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: K3PP
Operator(s): K3PP
Station: K3PP

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: PA
Operating Time (hrs): 29

  160:   14     6        5
   80:   74    15       34
   40:  154    20       52
   20:  359    22       77
   15:  630    26       94
   10:  122    13       38
------------------------------

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

What a weekend! I have too many life pressures bearing down on me simultaneously
to put in the full effort I wanted to. By Saturday evening, I was pretty
dejected. I did OK, but not up to my standards. I had to fight for just about
every QSO and I just couldn't get any kind of run going. It was brutal.

I awoke pretty early Sunday and there wasn't much to be logged before sunrise,
but then EU opened as it always does and things got more fun. I FINALLY landed a
fruitful run frequency on 14224 that netted me 101 QSOs in a little under an
hour. An hour after that dried up, I started a great run on 21264 that yielded
another 300 or so in just over two hours. THAT made the weekend worth all the
battles!

Again, my lousy Tic-Ring failed to turn my 20m yagi, so it was stuck on EU.
That's a good place to be stuck, but I failed to land a LOT of QSOs and mults
outside of EU. I only logged two JAs and both were battles!

Thanks to all of my friends around the world! It was fun to meet all of you for
a brief few seconds each time! I can't wait for the CW weekend!
VY 73 de Glenn K3PP

Antennas:
160: Inv-L with two raised radials and about 50 ft vertical
 80: Full sloper from 60 ft point on tower to ground
 40: Dipole at 40 ft.
 20: Force-12 EF-420 4-el monobander at 68 ft. (stuck on EU)
 15: Force-12 EF-415 4-el monobander at 76 ft.
 10: Two Stack:
       Force-12 EF-410 4-el monobander at 84 ft.
       Force-12 EF-410 4-el monobander at 50 ft. (fixed on SA)